May 31, 2016 Log No. 658
Show Idea: Real Housewives of China
But not Shanghai or Beijing–pick a 2nd or 3rd tier city like Wuhan or Changsha. (What up hometown!) It will be filled with gems such as:
- Clothing and accessories with inappropriate or nonsensical English on them
- “My mother makes the best dumplings.” “No, your mother? My mother!” -drama-
- Random English phrases littered throughout.
- “My son is top of his class in elementary school right now. The teacher says he’s never seen anything like it. He may be a genius.”
- A lot of visits to the nail and hair salon. That’s pretty much the same as its Western counterpart.
- “I got these
straight from America; my sister sends them to me.” -smug look-
- Aggressive haggling.
- “Oh no you brought mapo tofu to the potluck??? I brought mapo tofu!”
I think it could be big.